Music Has Value

In Canada, businesses are legally required to pay a licensing fee for their use of music. Music licensing is a vital income stream for artists and essential to the continued creation of music.

Canadian businesses must get a public performance licence to play music from both Re:Sound and SOCAN. Re:Sound collects and distributes royalties for artists and record labels, and SOCAN collects and distributes royalties for songwriters and music publishers. Both organisations are authorized by the Copyright Board of Canada to provide you with the music licence(s) your business needs and to help you understand the licensing process.

Please be aware that you may also require other licences for the use of music in your business.

Get Licensed Today!

In Canada, businesses require a licence from both SOCAN and ReSound.

Visit Re:Sound               Visit SOCAN